Filed under Clipperz Firefox Addon
Keep your data to yourself!
- Integrates Clipperz into the Mozilla Firefox browser, no need to open the Clipperz Community Edition webpage.
- Automatically fills in your username and password for any registered direct login.
- Provides easy access to add, modify or delete a direct login of the currently active webpage.
- Integrates a password generator into the Firefox browser.
- Enables auto-login for Clipperz webpage and widget if activated.
- Connects either to the public Clipperz portal or to a third party hosted Clipperz Community Edition.
- Hopefully opens the way to even more features …
Next to those benefits, you should notice the possible drawbacks. More features and the browser integration might degrade protection and security of your data stored by Clipperz:
- The auto-login is really comfortable but it is an open door to your Clipperz account! Enabling your auto-login means that everybody who can access your browser can also access your data stored within Clipperz! You can disable the auto-login in the widget’s preferences. In this case, you will be prompted for your username and password the first time you start your browser.
- Both, the widget and the Clipperz webpage are designed to encrypt your data on-demand. That means, only if you request a password, the decrypted data will be downloaded and encrypted locally using your passphrase. The Clipperz addon initially downloads and encrypts the URLs of each of your registered direct logins in oder to match a webpage, your stored a direct login for. If an appropriate webpage was found, the data of this direct login will also be downloaded, encrypted and automatically pasted into the according username and password fields. It is unlikely that the addon matches a wrong webpage, but I will not guarantee, that this could be harmfully used for an exploit or anything else.
- In any case, you should notice that you degraded the level of data security Clipperz provides, if using this service in a traditional way. I assume no responsibility and liability for any damage, data loss or data thievery. Please use the Clipperz Firefox addon at your own risk!
The Clipperz project is an awesome and pretty useful Open Source project from which everyone can profit! Most parts of this Firefox addon are based on the sources of the Clipperz community edition. So don’t forget to support those guys doing such a great work! I would also highly appreciate each kind of support to further improve the Clipperz addon. Like the Clipperz Community Edition, the addon is released under the AGPL. Feel free to give your feedback, add issues or access the code at github.
Download the Firefox Addon
The latest release of the Mozilla Firefox Addon can be downloaded here. Note that this project is under ongoing development. If you want to checkout the latest features, you might want to refer to github.